- PhD in Engineering Sciences, IST-UL (1988);
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering, IST-UL (1975).
Main professional achievements and research interests:
- Assistant Professor in the Departament of Mechanical Engineering (IST-UL) since desde 1988;
- Research Assistant in the Departament of Mechanical Engineering (IST-UL) (1975-1988);
- Teaching of the Courses of Thermodynamics, Physical Ecology, Heat and Mass Transfer and Data Acquisition
- Supervisor of a PhD Dissertation and six MSc Dissertations
- Research interests: Heat and mass budgets in Different Ecosystems, Carbon and water cycles and productivity of forest ecosystems: modeling, use of remote sensing information, eddy covariance fluxes, carbon balances.