- Works in Dynamic Energy Budget (DEB) theory, developing the theory and tools for its application.
- Participation in several internationally funded R&D projects.
- Member of the Board of Curators of the Add-my-pet DEB collection (http://www.bio.vu.nl/thb/deb/deblab/add_my_pet)
- PhD in physics (high energy physics)
Main scientific and professional achievements:
- Implementation of the new estimation procedure of the Add-my-pet collection
- Implementation of a new method of multispecies estimation
- Development of the Life Engine for DEB modelling
- Work with many different species that include: microalgae, albatross, parisitic wasp, shrew, etc.
- Teaching in the International DEB course since 2011